Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thing #23

The best about the 23 Things activities was that it gave me a concise overview of many of the Web 2.0 tools that are out there and available to me and to my students on the Internet. Can I pick a favorite? There are three, I think. RSS news feeds have been great fun for me and for use in my world cultures class. Also, the on-line image makers will definitely be a part of my class assignments. Finally, I definitely plan to have my students use wikis next year.

The 23 Things assignments have been a reminder that life-long learning goals must constanatly be revised in order to adapt to changes that are happening in the world around us, specifically in the technology that is so much a part of our educational lives today.

I suppose the biggest take-aways were the many ways of managing the masses of information that is available to us. I knew of some, but I enjoyed the concise presentation of many.

I don't really have any complaints about the format of the program. The only problems I had were including images on my blogs. It would be helpful to include more specific directions for those of use who are less technologically adept.

I would take another program like this, depending on my summer schedule. This summer, everything worked out to make this extended program possible. It has been a great learning experience.

One sentence: The program was challenging, enjoyable, and usable.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are incorporating some of your 2.0 experiences into your class day. Please check with your librarian about adding the visuals that you had trouble doing or contact me and we will have a little session!

    ReplyDelete