Monday, July 12, 2010

Thing #14

In exploring Technorati, I found little on school library learning, specifically, and on education in general, in the posts and Blog Directory. After using several tags, I found 6 blogs on the subject of technology in the library. Why are there so few on the subject of Education? I wonder if many people in education are more involved in "doing" rather than blogging about their work.

I read an AOL News article this morning on Nate Henn, the Invisible Children worker who was killed in the Uganda bombings this weekend. Because of Thing #14, I noticed, and undertood the significance of, the list of several tags at the end of the article. At this point, it seems that de.licio.us will be the most useful of the tools that use tagging.

I saw an interview recently with the creator of Pandora Internet Radio. As I was working on this "Thing," I went to the Pandora web site and looked at their videos on "personalized advertising" on a "personal radio station." The implications are incredible, and possibly frightening. Brave New World??

1 comment:

  1. I tried to search blogs through Google and compared my findings to Technorati. I see educators are blogging but maybe they are not tagging or being tagged. I found a lot of hits in Google on technology in the library. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete